You’ve got to hand it to Ubisoft: they’ve done a stand-up job of updating and improving Tom Clancy’s The Division, the apocalyptic multiplayer shooter that launched last March.
We were fans of the game from the beginning, but it was lacking in the way of end-game content. Ubisoft have listened to fan feedback and have continually improved what the game has to offer. The latest update, that will come to PC, Xbox One and PS4 the same time as Expansion III becomes available, will add even more content to freshen up your experience? The best part? Update 1.6 is free to all players.
There are a lot of changes coming to The Division, full details of which you can see on the official Division blog here. We’ve highlighted some of the main updates below.
- New Dark Zone areas – 7, 8 and 9 – will become available. There will be apparently almost double the playable space within the Dark Zone once this opens up
- New Landmarks featuring waves of enemies
- Fast travel between Dark Zone checkpoints
- New Dark Zone ‘Contamination’ events: elite Cleaners will appear every hour, but virus levels are lethal
- Dark Zone leaderboards will be added
- Brand new ‘Legendary’ difficulty level
- New Exotic items and gear sets
- Bonuses on Gear Sets have been changed
- Stats have been modified: health will replace Armor as a major bonus and new ‘Resist All’ stat amongst others
- Changes to Skill Power and skills
- PvP balancing changes have been made
…and that’s just a few of the changes. Suffice to say, if you haven’t played The Division in a while, once Update 1.6 drops, it may be a good time to jump back in.
There’s no release date yet for the arrival of Update 1.6 but we can expect it in the coming weeks.