If you, like millions of other people, packed in playing Pokémon GO back at the end of summer, it might be worth revisiting soon: it’s getting its biggest update yet, with over 80 new Pokémon being added and a whole host of new features.
Niantic Labs have today announced that the updates will start going live “later this week”. Here’s a summary of the changes that we can expect:
- Over 80 new Pokémon will be added, originally featured in Pokémon Gold and Silver.
- Pokémon with variations specific to their genders will start appearing.
- New evolutions will be added – Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region will be able to evolved into Pokémon usually found in Johto.
- PokéStops will stock new evolution items.
- Encountering Pokémon will have new gameplay elements, as well as a new item carousel to make it easier to select Poké Balls and berries.
- New types of berries will be available to aid your Pokémon hunting: Nanab Berries will slow a monster’s movement, and Pinap Berries will double the amount of candy you receive if you get a successful catch.
- Your avatar will have new appearance and wardrobe options.
Watch the trailer below, or check out the official announcement from Niantic for more information about the Pokémon GO update.