Since its release in May 2016, Overwatch and its cast of unique heroes has taken the world by storm.
Now, more than a year later, Blizzard Entertainment is releasing a boxed version of the Game of the Year Edition of Overwatch with tonnes of goodies to come with it.
If you’re new to Overwatch, now is definitely a good time to pick up the game and join the world that Blizzard has created in their online multiplayer game. The GOTY Edition comes with a bunch of digital loot for Overwatch as well as bonus loot for other Blizzard titles. The following is a list of what you can expect to get with your GOTY box:
- 10 standard loot boxes which contain all kinds of cosmetic items for your characters such as skins, victory poses and emotes.
- All of the skins that came with the Origins Edition: Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Pharah, Strike-Commander Morrison, Blackwatch Reyes, and Slipstream Tracer.
- Mercy’s wings: kill endless waves of demonic enemies with Mercy’s beautiful wings on your back.
- Unlock player portraits for Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion and Soldier: 76.
- An Overwatch cardback.
World of Warcraft:
- Unlock Baby Winston as a pet.
Heroes of the Storm:
- Play as Tracer.
If you’re planning on joining the 30 million players worldwide you can pick up your boxed copy on 28th July, the day after Overwatch’s new character Doomfist is set to launch. Price details of the Game of the Year Edition are yet to be announced, however.
Keep an eye out for the new special version of Overwatch that you can clench in your own oversized metal fist, if that’s your fancy, and join in the fun. After all, the world could always use more heroes!