I’ve spent too many hours to count playing in The Sims 4’s build mode.
Whether it be making mansions, charming family homes, or a fun place for my sims to visit, there’s a lot at your disposal. So much so that it can be easy to overlook some of the less obvious tools available in the build mode. One such tool that’s easy to miss is how to resize objects.
Worry not – we’ve got you covered. Here’s how to change the size of objects in The Sims 4.
Make objects bigger or smaller in The Sims 4
If you’ve ever been searching for lots in The Sims 4 and saw someone with a car parked in a makeshift garage and been confused, worry not.
You’re right – The Sims 4 does not feature cars like The Sims 2 or 3 did, and yes, that’s lame. However, while you may not be able to drive them, there is a workaround that many Sims players have been using for a while now: the increase/decrease size shortcut. In this case, a toy car has been made bigger to look like a real car. Neat, right?
After selecting an item, simply hit either the [ key on your keyboard to make it smaller, or the ] key to make it larger.
Perhaps a bit odd at first glance, this function has plenty of useful applications. The aforementioned car example is a great one, but since you can use it on any object, let your imagination run wild. Giant teddy bears? Giant TV sets? It’s up to you. Have fun resizing objects in The Sims!
More Sims 4
- How to Delete Basement Ceilings in Sims 4
- The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff Pack Adds a Welcome Layer to the Slice of Life
- The Sims 4 Review: Feed Your God Complex on Console
- Help, My Sims 4 Toddler Has Become a Whirling Tornado of Doom
- My Sims 4 Nanny Just Took Off All Her Clothes
- How to Have Twins in Sims 4
- How to Place Objects Anywhere in The Sims 4