One of the hazards of running a dinosaur theme park, aside from the dinosaurs escaping and mauling the guests, is that your dinosaurs will get sick.
Here’s how to deal with dino illnesses in Jurassic World: Evolution.
How I stop dinosaurs getting sick?
Unfortunately, you can’t. No matter what you do, you can’t stop your dinosaurs getting sick in Jurassic World: Evolution.
Any dinosaur can get sick, regardless of what they’re doing, but you can minimise the impact and cure them quickly.
To do this you’ll need to have:
- a powered, working ranger station with at least one ranger crew
- researched the cure for the sickness.
Be sure to prioritise getting these two things as soon as you can.
How do you know a dinosaur is sick in Jurassic World: Evolution?
If a dinosaur becomes sick you’ll see a small icon appear at the top of the screen. It looks like a small splat or smear, though it’s supposed to represent a virus.
How do I heal the sick dinosaur?
- First, find the sick dinosaur or dinosaurs. Go to the mini map and roam around till you see the sickness icon, then exit the mini map to see the dinosaur in question, which will have the sickness icon floating above its head.
- You can try to build a fence around it to lock it in and keep it away from the other dinosaurs but this doesn’t always work. Diseases can jump between dinosaurs including, bizarrely, poisoning.
- You will need to have built a ranger station so if you haven’t, quickly build one as you’ll need it so the rangers can dart and heal the dinosaur.
- Click on the dinosaur to see what the sickness is. If you know you can cure the disease, go to the next step. But if not, go to the research screen and look at the “medical research” option. Some diseases have green ticks, some are yellow meaning you need to research them and some are locked away till later levels. Your animals will never catch the locked diseases till you can cure them, so don’t worry about those. Sweep the mouse/pointer around till you find the disease. If it’s green you’re good to go, if not you’ll need to research it right away.
- When you’ve got a researched cure, go to your ranger station, choose a ranger team and give them a new task. Then move the pointer to the sick dinosaur and click. Each ranger team can have two tasks by default, so you may need to repeat this for all sick dinosaurs.
- You can also take direct control of each ranger team and dart the dinosaurs in first person view but this is very time consuming.
Hey presto, the sickness has been cured. But it may come back, because the game loves to throw a spanner in the works.
What if you don’t have a cure and can’t research it in time?
If you can’t research the cure then you’re up dinosaur creek. One option is to use a helicopter from your ACU centre (if you have enough money) to tranquilise the dinosaur and then use a helicopter transport team to transport it to a separate fenced off area to die. Or alternatively, transport it and then sell it. Either way, your priority when building any Jurassic World: Evolution park should be to research disease cures right away.
Exciting as dinosaurs are they’re a great deal less exciting when they’re slowly decaying on your doorstep. Have fun being a dinosaur doctor.