You’re going to be doing a lot of shooting in Red Dead Redemption 2, so make sure you have the edge by maintaining your guns every once in a while.
Over time, your guns can get dirty or less reliable due to their extended use. The result is that their accuracy can deplete a little, and they may even lose some stopping power. To remedy this, you can quickly and easily maintain them by heading into your weapon select menu.
By bringing up the weapon wheel with the left shoulder button, you can see the status of each weapon you have equipped by highlighting it with the right analogue stick. If the condition bar is depleted, you can simply press in the right stick to begin weapon maintenance.
Most of the time you’ll just need to give your weapon a clean to restore it to its former glory, but sometimes you might need some gun oil too. If you’re lucky you might be able to loot some gun oil from those you’ve gunned down on your travels, but you’re better off buying some from a gunsmith or general store.
Take a little time out now and again to check the condition of your weapons and eventually making sure they’re all in great shape will become second nature. And who knows, it might just make the difference between you suffering a horrible death or putting down a small army of enemies without taking a scratch.
More Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Review (Spoiler Free)
- Watch Our Spoiler Free Red Dead Redemption 2 Video Review
- A Journey Through Red Dead Redemption 2, In 4K Pictures
- How Many Chapters Are There in Red Dead Redemption 2?
- 13 Tips to Get You Started in Red Dead Redemption 2
- How to Unlock Fast Travel
- How to Increase Your Health, Stamina and Dead Eye Meters
- How to Cook Food
- How to Bond With Your Horse
- How to Save Your Game
- How to Use Photo Mode
- How to Change to First Person or Cinematic Camera