Ready yourselves folks, the nerds are coming.
This Thursday October 11th, sixteen Hearthstone players from all around the world will be getting their decks ready for the 2018 Fall Hearthstone Championship Tour. The tour will take place at the Blizzard Arena Los Angeles where they’ll be competing for a share of $250,000 USD as well as a seat at the Hearthstone Champion Tour World Championship.
The Fall Championship kicks off with a double-elimination group stage, followed by a single elimination playoff bracket. The groups consist of four people, one from each region, and the matches will be best-of-five using the Conquest format with one class ban.
The Conquest format is described as the following:
- All matches are best of five. First team or player to reach three wins is considered the winner and moves on.
- Each player must submit their decklist from three classes before each stage of the event. They must also submit new decks before each stage of the event.
- A player must win one game with each of his three decks to win the match.
- When a player wins, the winning deck may not be used again.
- A losing player may keep the same deck they lost with or choose another.
- Players will be told what classes their opponents are able to choose, but will not learn what class their opponent picked until the start of the match.
The competition will take place from October 11–14, starting at 16:30 BST daily.
- October 11 – Group Stage
- October 12 – Group Stage
- October 13 – Elimination and Decider Matches
- October 14 – Top Eight Playoffs
Hearthstone players have a chance to pick up a few free card packs by choose a champion before the tournaments stars. Choose your champion here.
For more information about the fall Hearthstone Champion Tour, visit Hearthstone’s official website.