The seventeenth survivor has been added to Dead by Daylight.
And it’s Ash from Evil Dead. Groovy! With Ashley “Ash” Joanna Williams officially added, Dead by Daylight now has 17 survivors and 17 killers. Ash brings with him three brand new abilities and, for the first time, actual voice lines from Bruce Campbell himself! Let’s discuss.
About Ash Williams
During a weekend at a cabin with friends, Ash Williams uncovered the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis (The Book of the Dead) and awoke something dark in the woods. Evil possessed his friends and his right hand. He was forced to kill his friends and saw off his hand. For the next 30 years, Ash ran from his past until one day he decided to read from the Necronomicon to impress a woman. While battling evil once more Ash was reunited with his daughter Brandy who encouraged him to embrace his new role as saviour of humanity.
After fighting a demon, Ash taking in his last breath, he was taken by the Knights of Sumeria and transported into the future. When he awoke he began following the sensual voice of a woman. He was led to a changing room where a woman stood naked. Ash recognised her as Linda Emery, one of his former high school flings. When Ash approached, Linda dug a sharp blade into his hand, collecting his blood on her fingertip. She continued to slice and dice him while he tried desperately to fight back half-naked clad only in his boxers.
After a few long moments of struggling against the demon, Ash held the blade to her throat. He decided to try and make a deal with her. In exchange for not killing her, she would portal him back to his friends. She recited an incantation instructing Ash to repeat after her which he failed to manage. Their combined exchange of Sumerian words triggered a hiss from the shower behind them. The wet tiled floor darkened, and the pipes burst. A whirlpool of dirty water, shower curtains and toilet paper swallowed the demon while Ash was slowly sucked in as well.
Ash landed flat on his chest in the Realm of the Entity. He got up, brushing off his clothes. At least he was no longer half-naked. He looked around noticing two things about the place: there wasn’t any bar for miles and he was definitely going to need his shotgun and chainsaw. Neither of which he had.
Ash has three perks: Flip-Flop (teachable at level 30), Buckle Up (teachable at level 35) and Mettle of Man (teachable at level 40).
- While in the Dying State, 50% of your recovery progression is converted into wiggle progression when you are picked up by the Killer, up to a maximum of 40/45/50% total wiggle progression.
- The recovery progress of dying Survivors can be determined by the intensity of their Auras at a distance of up to 48 metres.
- When you heal a Survivor from the Dying State to Injured, both the healed Survivor and yourself see the Killer’s Aura for a duration of 4/5/6 seconds.
Mettle of Man
- After getting hit 3 times by a Killer’s basic attack, Mettle of Man activates.
- Once activated, the next occasion that would put you into the Dying State from the Injured State is ignored.
- The next time you heal back to full health, your Aura will be revealed to the Killer when you are farther than 12/14/16 metres from the Killer.
- Mettle of Man will deactivate the next time you are put into the Dying State.
- Increases your chances of being the Obsession.
Ash is available to purchase in Dead by Daylight on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One right now for $4.99.