The only thing better than a fantastic indie game is a discounted fantastic indie game.
Nintendo has just launched a new sale on Nintendo Switch, reducing over 300 indie titles on the eShop. There’s a huge mixture of titles, including some gems you’ve (probably) never heard of for under £1 (music rhythm game Frederic 2 is 83p, for instance, and brooding point and click adventure Goetia from Square Enix Collective is 89p).
Some of the games on offer are probably worth missing, but if you have any spare credit on your eShop account, there are some brilliant titles worth picking up.
Our personal favourites include the fantastic adventure game Oxenfree, which has a 75% reduction, making it just £3.99. The addictive puzzle game Tumblestone, which puts a spin on the match-three genre, is available for just £3.23 – a game we reviewed back in 2016, scoring a coveted 10/10. SteamWorld Dig and its sequel SteamWorld Dig 2 are both in the sale too. And two of my personal favourites, action adventure game Bastion and gorgeous platformer Shu are both available for half price.
You can browse the full sale on your Switch or by clicking here to head to the Nintendo website. Our picks are below. The sale is on until 23rd May, so you’ve plenty of time to make up your mind – but don’t miss out.
- Goetia – was £8.99, now £0.89
- White Night – was £13.49, now £2.69
- Oxenfree – was £15.99, now £3.99
- The Count Lucanor – was £11.99, now £2.99
- Tumblestone – was £11.99, now £3.23
- Kingdom: New Lands – was £13.49, now £4.04
- SteamWorld Dig – was £8.99, now £2.69
- Raging Justice – was £9.99, now £3.39
- Infinite Minigolf – was £13.49, now £5.39
- Manual Samuel – was £9.99, now £3.99
- Yooka-Laylee – was £34.99, now £17.49
- Don’t Starve – was £17.99, now £8.99
- Severed – was £13.49, now £6.74
- Pinstripe – was £13.09, now £6.54
- Bastion – was £10.99, now £5.49
- Shu – was £7.69, now £3.84