E3 2019 has officially landed, and Xbox’s briefing is now a wrap.
It was 90 minutes of pure, unadulterated announcements, with trailers and hype being thrown around left, right and centre. We got to see new games, release date announcements of previous reveals, a peek at some new hardware, and a whole lot of stuff about Xbox Game Pass. It was a great start to the show.
If you missed it, worry not: here’s everything that Microsoft announced at E3 2019, along with a bunch of trailers for the games that were shown off.
- We got a new trailer for Obsidian’s upcoming RPG, The Outer Worlds. It’s launching 25th October, and it’ll be available to Game Pass members on day one.
- Ninja Theory was up next, with a trailer for the brand new Bleeding Edge, a four-on-four online brawler that looks like a lot of fun. There’s a technical alpha starting 27th June.
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps, the sequel to Ori and the Blind Forest, finally has a release date: February 11th, 2020. It looks as pretty as ever. Of course, it’ll be on Game Pass when it launches.
- Another game coming to Game Pass when it launches in spring 2020: a brand new Minecraft game called Minecraft Dungeons. It’s less building and gathering, more action RPG. It looks pretty cool, even for the non-Minecraft fans.
- There’s a Blair Witch game coming in August 2019. From Bloober Team, the developer behind Layers of Fear and Observer, it looks terrifying (and fantastic) from the trailer. We have spare underpants at the ready.
- Cyberpunk 2077 rolled out a new trailer next, and boy did the crowd whoop. It’s finally got a release date: 16th April 2020. BUT the most exciting part is… the game stars Keanu Reeves. Yes, that Keanu. It’s instantly shot to the top of our wishlists.
- Build, explore, learn how to say goodbye. They’re all things you’ll do in Spiritfarer, an indie title coming to Xbox One and PC. And once again, it’ll be on Game Pass (spot a trend here?).
- Battletoads, yet another game that’ll be on Xbox Game Pass at launch, got a new trailer. It promises 3 player couch co-op action, and will have driving stages mixed in with its 2D side-scrolling beat’em up action. No release date yet, though.
- A funky-looking game called RPG Time: the Legend of Wright was shown off, with a release window of 2020.
- Next up was a Game Pass and ID@Xbox showreel. We got snippets of The Good Life, Cross Code, Creature in the Well, Riverbond, Unto the End, Blazing Chrome, Felix the Reaper, Supermarket Shriek, Night Call, Totem Teller and more, all coming to Xbox Game Pass at launch. We also got some more Game Pass news, and four new games landing on the service right now: Batman Arkham Knight, Metro Exodus, Borderlands The Handsome Collection and Hollow Knight. It’s a good time to be a member.
- As already leaked earlier today, the beta for Xbox Game Pass for PC is now live. It’ll cost $9.99 a month, and plenty of games including Imperator Rome, Football Manager 2019 and the Master Chief Collection are included.
- If you buy Xbox Game Pass Ultimate – which combines Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold, you’ll get Game Pass for PC free. It’s $14.99/£12.99 a month, but you can pick it up today for $1/£1, and it’ll convert your current membership/s into Ultimate.
- A new Flight Simulator was announced for Xbox One and PC. It’s powered by satellite data and Azure AI, and looks absolutely beautiful.
- Age of Empires II Definitive Edition is coming this autumn. It’ll have a new campaign, 4K and fully remastered audio.
- Wasteland 3 got an announcement trailer. It’s coming to Xbox One and PC, and guess what? It’ll be on Game Pass.
- The latest acquisition for Microsoft’s ever-growing studio portfolio is Double Fine. Along with that announcement came a new trailer for Psychonauts 2.
- The new Lego Star Wars game that’s been rumoured for a while was officially unveiled. It’s called The Skywalker Saga, and covers all nine games.
- There’s a new Dragonball Z action RPG coming early next year: Dragonball Z Kakarot. It looks like… Dragonball.
- A new game called 12 Minutes was announced for Xbox One and PC. Imagine Groundhog Day, but an edge-of-your-seat thriller rather than a comedy starring Bill Murray. It’s coming “soon”.
- Another new game that’s coming to Xbox Game Pass has been announced: Way to the Woods. It’s coming to both Xbox One and PC.
- One of the games we’ve all been waiting for more news about: Gears 5. The trailer reveals a troubled-looking Kait. It’s coming on September 10th, but you can play it four days early by preordering Ultimate Edition or if you’re a Game Pass Ultimate member. Has an all-new horde mode and the biggest campaign ever. There’s also Gears 5 Escape, which provides three-player co-op. Preordering Gears 5 will get you a Terminator Dark Fate character pack.
- A new Elite controller was announced. Its release date hasn’t been revealed yet but you can pre-order now at Xbox.com. It’s got a rechargable battery with up to 40 hours play time, rubberised grips, three customisable profiles and better thumbstick and button customisation, along with other tweaks.
- We got a look at Dying Light 2 gameplay now. We loved the first game, but this looks even better. You play as Aiden who’s infected with the virus.
- LEGO is coming to Forza Horizon 4! The latest DLC lets you race around in Lego Speed Champions vehicles, and it looks like a lot of fun. We don’t have to wait long for this one, either: it’s coming on 13th June.
- We got another look at iOS/Android game Gears POP!, which looks pretty cute. No release date, but you can pre-register now on your mobile device.
- State of Decay 2 Heartland was announced. It’s a brand new story expansion – the biggest yet – featuring two different paths to take. It’s available right now, and is part of Game Pass.
- Phantasy Star Online 2 is launching on Xbox One in spring 2020 with cross-play. It will have all the game’s content – and will be free to play.
- Online multiplayer Crossfire X by Smilegate is coming to Xbox One next year. Surprise, surprise, it’ll be on Xbox Game Pass.
- We got a trailer for the new Tales game, Tales of Arise. It looks fancy, and it’s coming at some point in 2020.
- We got a new Borderlands 3 trailer. Shoot, loot… Shloot. We also got a glimpse of the new Borderlands 2 DLC which will link into the story of the third game. It’ll be free to download.
- It’s already leaked, but we got the official announcement of Elden Ring, the upcoming game from FromSoftware and Game of Thrones creator George R. R. Martin.
- We got some fancy buzzwords about the new Xbox, which is still codename Scarlet. It’s coming “holiday 2020”, utilises Zen 2 and Navi technology, GDDR6 RAM and a new generation of SSD, making it four times more powerful than Xbox One X. There’ll be next to no load times, it is capable of 120fps and 8K, and has real-time ray tracing. It sounds shit-hot, frankly.
- Halo Infinite will launch alongside Project Scarlet. We got a glimpse of some in-engine footage shown, and it does indeed look very pretty. More info will be revealed on Inside Xbox tomorrow.
Aaaand that’s it. Phew. You can watch the whole briefing in the video below.