Square Enix took to the stage at E3 2019 late last night – 2am here in the UK.
If you’re not nocturnal enough to have stayed up to watch it (we can’t blame you!), don’t worry – we’ve got everything that was announced right here.
- The show opened with more information about the Final Fantasy VII remake – the release date of which was already announced earlier yesterday (March 2020) thanks to a leak. It’s still episodic, as we assumed, but we still don’t know how many episodes there’ll be.
- Next up was a trailer for Life is Strange 2 – an episodic game that’s already in progress. There was nothing new here, just a reminder of the game so far.
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is getting a remaster. It’s coming to PS4, Switch and mobile this winter.
- The Last Remnant Remaster is available on Switch… right now.
- We got a new trailer for Dragon Quest Builders 2. It’s releasing on 12th July, but there’ll be a demo available for everyone on PS4 on 27th July.
- There was a new trailer for Dragon Quest XI for Switch. No release date yet; it’s just coming “autumn”.
- There’s a new Square Enix Collective game coming – a racing title called Circuit Superstars. It’s set to release on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch in 2020.
- We got a trailer for multiplayer shooter Battalion 1944: Eastern Front, which is available now on Steam.
- Square Enix Music Library is coming to music streaming platforms. It means you can listen to music from Square Enix games in Apple Music, Spotify and Amazon Music. Final Fantasy soundtracks are the first to make it on there, but sounds like more games will follow.
- Kingdom Hearts 3 is getting new DLC. Called ReMind, it’s coming this winter.
- We got a look at Final Fantasy XIV‘s upcoming expansion, Shadowbringers. It’s releasing on 2nd July.
- We got another look at Dying Light 2, which is coming in spring 2020. But we already saw this at Microsoft’s conference on Sunday night.
- Up next was the SaGa RPG series. Romancing SaGa 3 HD is coming to consoles and mobile devices in the west for the first time, and a new game is in development: SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions.
- A trailer for mobile game War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius was up next, based on the Brave Exvius universe.
- There’s a new IP from People Can Fly, the team that made Bulletstorm and Gears of War: Judgement. It’s called Outriders, a AAA co-op shooter set in a dark sci-fi universe. It’s coming in summer 2020.
- There’s a new trailer for Tokyo RPG Factory’s next game, Oninaki, which also has a release date: 22nd August. It’s coming to PS4, PC and Switch.
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered is coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC and Switch later this year! About time. Doesn’t look like much has been done to it, but that’s fine by us.
- Square Enix ended its conference with a trailer for Marvel’s Avengers: A-Day. It’s coming 15th May 2020.