Getting a status ailment in Remnant: From the Ashes isn’t very helpful at all. But don’t worry too much if you’re Infected, as it can be cleared up pretty easily.
Infected status in Remnant: From the Ashes comes as a result of Root Rot. Some enemies explode, leaving clouds of gas in the air that cause Root Rot, while others fire explosive projectiles that cause it. Get caught in a gas cloud and you’ll steadily lose health. But even worse, if the Root Rot gauge fills, you’ll become Infected.
When Infected, your character will randomly have coughing fits while playing. If a coughing fit occurs in the middle of combat, there’s a good chance you could die.
To clear Infected status, use an Oilskin Tonic. They can be found while adventuring or bought from Reggie in Ward 13. Stock up on them when you can afford it, as they always come in useful. Using an Oilskin Tonic also increases your Root resistance by 30% for 10 minutes.
If you’re tackling an area in which Root Rot is a real problem, equip armour that increases your resistance to it if possible. It might just save your life.
More Remnant: From the Ashes Guides
- Tips to help you get started
- Can you play in split screen local co-op?
- Can you play solo?
- How to change difficulty
- Saving your game
- How to upgrade the Dragon Heart
- How to upgrade armour and weapons
- Equipping and using weapon mods
- How to get the SMG
- Where to find the sniper rifle
- Burning status and how to remove it
- Infected status and how to remove it
- Bleeding status and how to remove it
- Irradiated status and how to remove it