Because shooting you with guns, hitting you with melee weapons and throwing things at you isn’t quite enough in Remnant: From the Ashes, some enemies and environmental hazards will expose you to radiation, too.
When you’re exposed to radiation, a bar will appear onscreen that steadily fills. Once it is full, you are officially Irradiated, which reduces your stamina by 50%. That isn’t good.
To remove the Irradiated status effect in Remnant: From the Ashes, you need to use Heavy Water Elixir. You can find it while adventuring, or buy it from Reggie back in Ward 13. It isn’t too expensive, so perhaps buy quite a few.
Using a Heavy Water Elixir also increases your resistance to radiation by 30% for 10 minutes.
Certain equipment provides more resistance to radiation. If you’re in an area where radiation is a problem, equip it if you have some. Though you might need to upgrade it first in order to maintain your survivability.
More Remnant: From the Ashes Guides
- Tips to help you get started
- Can you play in split screen local co-op?
- Can you play solo?
- How to change difficulty
- Saving your game
- How to upgrade the Dragon Heart
- How to upgrade armour and weapons
- Equipping and using weapon mods
- How to get the SMG
- Where to find the sniper rifle
- Burning status and how to remove it
- Infected status and how to remove it
- Bleeding status and how to remove it
- Irradiated status and how to remove it