Can’t figure out how to drink in Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey? Here’s how to stop your hominid dying of thirst.
It’s essential that you keep your character well-hydrated otherwise lack of water may lead to their death (though this never seems to happen to monkeys you’re not in charge of).
Here’s how to get your character to drink in Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey.
- First, find a water source such as a river (you start the game near to one).
- Sit at the edge of the river, or even in it.
- Hold down the “A” button to scoop up water.
- If there’s a black mist swirling around your hands, it means you haven’t identified that water type (there are several types of water, such as stagnant and fresh, in the game).
- Hold down “X” to identify the water.
- Hold down “A” to drink, and keep drinking.
Hey presto, your monkey is hydrated. If you can’t find a fresh water source (there are a lot in the game) or a predator is in your way, certain foods will give you a little water. You can use a rock tool to crack open a coco or, without doing that, you can get moisture by eating mangoes or some other types of fruit.