While most games have pretty intuitive control systems these days, it’s always nice to be able to map your own. Here’s what you need to know about remapping controls in Borderlands 3.
If this is a feature you value, you’ll be pleased to know that the answer is yes: you can fully remap and customise the control scheme of Borderlands 3.
Along with being able to completely change what each button input does in the game, you can also change through a couple of preset control schemes.
In order to change your controller mapping, head to Borderlands 3’s options menu. From there, choose ‘Controls’. Use RB to toggle to ‘Controller’ from the tabs along the top.
Once you’re in the Controller menu, you can see the preset button maps, or you can make your own. To do that, you’ll want the bottom option: ‘customise controls’.
Once you’re in that option, you’ll find a menu listing each button of your controller and the action it’s tied to. Use the drop-down menus to select the actions you want to be tied to each button. Once you’re done, back out of the menu and enjoy using your custom controls!
More Borderlands 3 guides
- Does Borderlands 3 Have a Photo Mode?
- How to Change Difficulty
- How to Save Your Game
- How to Use An Action Skill
- How to Boost When Driving a Vehicle
- What Are Weapons Trinkets and How to Use Them
- How to Customise Your Vehicle
- How to Throw a Grenade
- How to Get New Vehicle Parts
- How to Sell Items
- How to Fast Travel
- How to Change Your Gun’s Fire Mode
- How to Invite Players
- How Long Does it Take to Beat Borderlands 3?
- Does Borderlands 3 Support Split-Screen Local Co-op?