It’s no secret that the Borderlands games are better when played with friends, so you may be wondering if Borderlands 3 supports split-screen local co-op play.
The answer is both yes and no.
On PS4 and Xbox One, Borderlands 3 supports split-screen local co-op play for two players. Playing in co-op should prove to be better then ever, too, as enemies and loot are now scaled for each player. No more joining up with a friend only to find that you can’t use any loot or kill any enemies because they’re too high level.
Unfortunately, split-screen local co-op play is not possible in the PC version of Borderlands 3. If you’re playing on PC, the only option you have for playing in co-op is online. But hey, at least you’ll be able to have more friends in on the act. When playing online, Borderlands 3 supports up to four players working together. And there’s no more stealing loot, either. Well, unless you want to share the loot that you earn.
More Borderlands 3 guides
- Does Borderlands 3 Have a Photo Mode?
- Can You Remap Controls?
- How to Change Difficulty
- How to Save Your Game
- How to Use An Action Skill
- How to Boost When Driving a Vehicle
- What Are Weapons Trinkets and How to Use Them
- How to Customise Your Vehicle
- How to Throw a Grenade
- How to Get New Vehicle Parts
- How to Sell Items
- How to Fast Travel
- How to Change Your Gun’s Fire Mode
- How to Invite Players
- How Long Does it Take to Beat Borderlands 3?