Do you want to get married in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord? There’s good news and bad news. Here’s what you need to know.
The good news:
You can get married in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, regardless of your gender. By default, you can only marry someone of the opposite sex, but there’s a mod that enables same-sex marriage. Here’s what you have to do to get married:
- First, find a prospective partner. You can only marry nobles so start visiting the lords hall in cities (go to the keep first) or the lord’s hall in castles. You might have to bribe the guards to let you in. You might find the hall is empty, as nobles travel around, so if you have a specific noble in mind you’ll have to track them down.
- Speak to them and put forward your intentions until marriage comes up.
- Save your game using “save as”.
- Charm them into seeing you as a marriage partner, by choosing the dialogue options with the greatest chance of success. Aside from charming them, these options are also influenced by your other skills.
- Keep going until they agree to marry you. You’ll have to either wait between dialogue options or leave and re-enter the castle. We had success doing both.
- If you fail, they’re no longer available as a marriage prospect, despite what the dialogue seems to suggest. So either move on, or reload your saved game and try again.
- You now have to go to your partner’s liege – basically, their boss or patron.
- Go to the liege (you can hit “K” to find them through their clan or “N” to find them through the encyclopedia).
- You’ll have to negotiate marriage, by handing over gifts, typically a large amount of money. Then, though there’s no wedding scene at the time of writing. Hooray! You’re married. You can return to your spouse who will address you as their husband/wife.
The bad news:
The bad news is, even if you marry someone who’s part of a powerful clan, they join your clan, not the other way round. If you were planning on marrying your way into power, sorry, that’s not an option.
But, hey, marriage is bliss, right? Enjoy.