On Tuesday, Valorant was updated to version 1.04. Here’s what’s changed.
Valorant update 1.04 is mainly focused around the Agents, giving them a little more polish and updating their abilities. A number of weapons have also been updated, along with some quality of life changes, and an update to the HUD.
Viper can now be outside of her ult for 15 seconds, up from five, before it collapses. Further, pressing the ability key will allow for Viper’s ult to drop early. When enemies fall into Viper’s pit, their minimap will now be obscured, and allies won’t be able to detect them on their minimaps.
As for her Decay ability, the decay per second has been increased to 15 from 10. And if players activate both Poison Cloud and Toxic Screen, it won’t consume additional fuel (only the cost of one of them).
Raze’s Showstopper ult now costs 7 points rather than 6 – simply because it’s one of the most impactful in the game.
Like Raze, Brimstone’s Orbital Strike ult now costs 7 points rather than 6. Brimstone’s arms fidelity has also been improved, so, uh, you can enjoy looking at those arms more than before.
Brimstone’s Stim Beacon will no longer offer a buff to enemies, and its radius effect will be hidden to enemies.
Cyber Cage can now be picked up during the buy phase, which wasn’t possible before.
Other notable updates
- There’s now a 10% bonus to accuracy when using a weapon when crouched and stationary
- Walking speed has been slightly increased from 1.9 to 1.95, and jumping spread has been increased from 1.9 to 2.3
- Minimap vision cones on the observer minimap are now coloured by teams
- Reyna has a new voice over in Italian and Mexican
- Gun skin upgrade videos are now streamed rather than stored locally, freeing up 380MB
Of course, numerous other bug fixes and changes have been made too. You can read the full patch notes on Valorant’s official website here.