Players should always be happy to see their feedback put to good use.
In a new update to the game today, Streets of Rage 4 has received over 80 updates, fixes, balancing changes and enhancements. This is thanks to community suggestions, and all of the updates have been tested by the community.
The update comes as publisher Dotemu shares the news that the game has been downloaded more than 1.5 million times since its release in April this year. That’s an impressive number, but it’s not at all surprising; the Streets of Rage series is highly regarded, and being the first game in 26 years is something of a big deal. Especially when it’s as enjoyable as it is; we scored the game an ‘outstanding’ 9/10 in our review.
The latest update, which should be available now for players on all formats, includes fixes for characters, general gameplay enhancements, and some balancing to character attacks.
Some key updates include:
- Specials and star moves can interrupt any hitstun state on ground
- Specials can interrupt hit freezer
- Faster jump start for SOR4 characters
- Falling into holes breaks the combo
- Damage reduced on players when comboed by enemies
- Fixed scripting issues in the 5-2 bar fight