This is Dead by Daylight’s most disturbing killer yet.
Behaviour Interactive tweeted a teaser trailer on Tuesday for the next chapter coming to Dead by Daylight. This new chapter, called A Binding of Kin, introduces new killer The Twins and new survivor Élodie Rakoto.
With these new characters comes new abilities headed to the game, so we’re going to go over what players can expect when they pick up the new chapter which will likely be releasing next month.
For the first time ever, Dead by Daylight introduces a two-in-one killer. The Twins, Charlotte and Victor, are bound together with one body, but can attack survivors separately. What this means is that Charlotte can send Victor out into the field to find and attack survivors. Survivors are able to crush Victor and, in doing so, the killer will go back to Charlotte and can then play as her while Victor re-grows. The ability to send Victor out into the field is called Blood Bond.
Victor also has his own ability called “Pounce”. Victor can pounce on survivors causing damage. If a survivor was at full health, Victor will latch onto them and afflict them with the Broken, Oblivious and Incapacitated status effects. Survivors cannot enter lockers or leave through the exit gate when Victor is attached to them.
The Twins’ three perks are Hoarder, Oppression and Coup de Grâce:
- Hoarder: Receive a loud noise notification for 4 seconds when a survivor interacts with a chest or when they pick up an item within 24/36/48 metres of your location. The trial begins with up to 2 additional chests in the environment. The rarity of items found in all chests is decreased.
- Oppression: When you damage a generator, up to 3 other random generators also begin regressing. If the affected generators are being repaired, any survivors repairing them receive a difficult skill check. Oppression has a cool-down of 120/100/80 seconds.
- Coup de Grâce: Each time a generator is completed, coup de Grâce grows in power. Gain 1 token per generator. Consume 1 token to increase the distance of your next lunge attack by 60/80/100%.
A Binding of Kin also introduces Élodie, is a French Madagascan occult investigator who uses her perks to help her in escaping the grasp of the killer as well as interacting with items in a brand new way. Her perks are:
- Appraisal: Start with three tokens. When a chest has already been opened consume 1 token to search it for an item. Unlock and search chests 40/60/80% faster.
- Deception: Interact with a lock while holding the sprint button to trigger a loud noise notification for the killer at your location instead of entering the locker. You will not leave any scratch marks for 3 seconds. Deception can only be triggered once every 60/50/40 seconds.
- Power Struggle: While being carried by the killer, reaching 25/30/35% wiggle progression activates power struggle. While power struggle is active, you can drop a nearby standing pallet to stun the killer and be released. Power struggle is deactivated when it triggers successfully.
Both The Twins and Elodie are playable right now as part of the new chapter A Binding of Kin on Dead by Daylight’s PTB. So jump onto your PC if you want to give them a go. And you check out that teaser trailer below.