Google has announced that there are over 100 games coming to Google Stadia, their game streaming service, in 2021.
In a bold but not entirely unexpected announcement, Google have revealed that there are nine new games that are coming soon to Stadia and that at least 100 games will land on Stadia before the year is out.
The games announced, along with their release dates are:
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition (Feb. 23)
- Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut (Feb. 23)
- It came from space and ate our brains (Mar. 2)
- FIFA 21 (Mar. 17)
- Kaze and the Wild Masks (Mar. 26)
- Judgment (Apr. 23)
- Killer Queen Black (coming soon, no release date yet)
- Street Power Football (coming soon, no release date yet)
- Hellpoint (coming soon, no release date yet)
There are some tempting titles in that list, though the one that really jumps out is Judgment, set in the same universe as the Yakuza series. Reviewing the PS4 version we gave it a whopping 9 out of 10, noting that “despite switching up the typical Yakuza gameplay, it’s every bit as entertaining as the series that spawned it.”
“These games represent just a sampling of the more than 100 games that will be added to the Stadia store for our players in 2021 to share, experience, and play with friends,” said Google.
So why is this announcement not a huge surprise? Because Google recently closed down their internal development studio, meaning that people who purchased or subscribed to Stadia would be deprived of first-person games. This announcement is likely meant to reassure Stadia owners that they shouldn’t stop their subscriptions and offload their device on the nearest second hand store.
You can read Google’s announcement in full here.