It’s become the norm for publishers and platform holders to host their own showcases. Today, Square Enix is jumping in on the action.
Streamed from its own website, Square Enix Presents provided us a look at several projects the company has in production. If you missed it, don’t worry; we’ve rounded up everything right here.
We already know there’ll be an announcement about the next entry to the Life is Strange series, but before we get there, there’ll be a bunch of other things shown off. Read on to find out everything you missed.
- We got a new, action-packed trailer for Outriders, People Can Fly’s game coming out on 1st April. It showed off a bit of gameplay as well as a look at each character class. There’s been a demo available, so chances are if you’re interested, you’ve already been hands-on with it yourself. It was also announced this week that the game will be included on Xbox Game Pass on day one.
- A Tomb Raider 25th anniversary showreel showed off lots of Tomb Raider projects to celebrate Lara’s 25th anniversary. There’s a Netflix anime series in development, a new movie with Alicia Vikander in production, and, uh, a cookbook incoming. From today, a new bundle containing Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider is available to purchase on PCs and consoles for a bargain price.
- Next was a look at Just Cause Mobile, which is, uh, a mobile entry in the Just Cause series, coming soon. No release date yet.
- Another mobile game incoming: Hitman Sniper Assassins (working title) is in production, bringing Agent 47 to Android and iOS. No release date yet.
- There’s also a Space Invaders AR game in development, with more information to come soon.
- More interestingly, Square Enix is working with legendary publisher Taito in bringing some new games to the west. Shoot ’em up Darius Cozmic Revelation is coming to Switch and PS4.
- Marvel’s Avengers‘ free PS5 and Xbox Series X/S upgrade is available from today. Play at 4K 60fps with improved textures, more destruction and faster load times. We got a look at gameplay from the Operation Hawkeye DLC, along with a glimpse at future content – including a Black Panther: War For Wakanda expansion coming later this year.
- Next up: a new trailer for Balan Wonderworld. This colourful adventure is out next week, and there’s been a free demo available for a while.
- Here’s what we’ve been waiting for: the world premier of the next Life is Strange game. In development by Deck Nine – the team behind Life is Strange: Before the Storm – it’s called Life is Strange: True Colors. it focuses on a girl called Alex, who is seemingly dealing with the loss of her brother, Gabe. Of course, there’s a supernatural twist; Alex can feel other people’s emotions. It allows her to understand people, but it can also have disastrous effects. There’s no episodes this time: the full game is set to release on 10th September.
- One more Life is Strange announcement: Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the Storm are getting a remastered release, featuring improved visuals. Called Life is Strange: Remastered Collection, it’ll be available this autumn. It’ll also be available as part of Life is Strange: True Colors’ Ultimate Edition.
- Oh, and that’s not it. We got a new look at Project Athia (working title), a new IP first announced last year. It now has an actual title: Forspoken. The trailer didn’t reveal a great deal, but it looks action-packed AF. And it has dragons. We’re here for it. It’s coming to PS5 and PC in 2022.
You can watch the full Square Enix Presents showcase below: