Over the last few hours, Sony has been rolling out PSVR announcements on its PlayStation Blog.
As part of ‘PSVR Spotlight’, six new PSVR games have been announced. So if you’ve been looking for a reason to dust off your headset, hopefully at least one of these games will be it.
Here’s everything that Sony has announced today:
- DOOM 3: VR Edition is coming exclusively to PSVR on 29th March. Alongside DOOM 3, it also includes its two expansions, Resurrection of Evil and The Lost Mission. The game features ‘all-new VR enhancements’, including motion-controller weapons, the ability to peer around corners and a 180-degree quick turn function.
- I Expect You To Die 2: The Spy and the Liar is coming to PSVR later this year. A sequel to 2016’s I Expect You To Die, it thrusts players into an ‘immersive world of espionage and undercover danger’. Essentially, it’s the closest most of us are going to get to being James Bond.
- After the Fall is a co-op FPS from the makers of the popular VR game Arizona Sunshine. It’s set in a post-apocalyptic world and casts players as survivors fighting for their lives. There’s no release date yet, but you can sign up for beta access on the game’s official website.
- Song in the Smoke is a brand new title coming to PSVR at some point this year. It’s a survival game which thrusts players into a dangerous world with only one task: make it through the night. You’ll need to craft shelters and weapons in order to prepare yourself for the beasts that lurk in the darkness, but exactly how you make your way through the game is down to you. There’s no right or wrong; you just need to survive however you can.
- Fracked is a VR-exclusive action adventure game coming to PSVR this summer. Expect free-running, climbing, fast-paced gunplay and, er, skiing, when it launches later this year. It’s being developed by nDreams, the team behind The Assembly, amongst others, so it’s in good hands. Set in a mountain fracking facility, the player will find themselves against a set of hostile enemies, and they’ll be starring in their own action movie in order to outwit them. It looks like a lot of fun.
- Zenith is a colourful JRPG-inspired MMO which is coming to PSVR. Not to be confused with the 2016 RPG of the same name, Zenith is set in an open world that inspires players to climb, explore and make their own adventure. You’ll be able to use your hands to climb up buildings or cliffs, before engaging in hand-to-hand combat with a range of foes out to get you. There’s no release date for this one just yet.
You can see the announcements in full detail over on the PlayStation blog.