Nintendo loves to shower us with new game announcements.
Today, ti’s in the form of an Indie World presentation. Smaller than Nintendo Directs, these showcases focuses on indie games that are on their way to Nintendo Switch (and likely other platforms). They’re usually a great way to find out about some lesser-known titles.
So, if you’re looking for something different to play soon, it’s likely Indie World is the stream for you. Missed it? Never fear – here’s everything that was shown off during April’s Nintendo Indie World.
- Road 96 is a first-person road trip adventure game about travelling and hitch-hiking. It looks a lot of fun, and it’s coming “later this year”.
- Aerial_Knight’s Never Yield is a side-scrolling parkour game set in a futuristic Detroit. It’s action-packed and hyper stylistic – and not so far away. It’s coming on 19th May, and a free demo will be available later today.
- Annapurna Interactive has two games coming to Switch soon: Last Stop is a story-driven thriller coming in July, and Hindsight looks to be a touching drama, coming later this year.
- Roll7, developer of OlliOlli, has a new game coming to Switch: OlliOlli World. Yep, it’s an adventure that combines skateboarding with an action platformer. It’s got a brand new art style, which looks beautiful. It’s coming this winter.
- The Longing, which has been revealed previously, is a dark game about… waiting 400 days. It’s an intriguing concept, and you can try it out very soon: it’s coming to Switch today.
- There is No Game: Wrong Dimension is a comedic look at video games, blending together genres and concepts for something completely different. This is also launching today, available on the eShop shortly.
- We got another trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge, which was announced last month. A beat ’em up starring TMNT, it’s from the same publisher as Streets of Rage 4, so we have high hopes for this. It’s coming later this year.
- Next up was Cris Tales, a game that was recently delayed until later this year. It’s a beautiful-looking adventure set in a fairytale world, and it’s coming to Switch (and other formats) on 20th July.
- Getsufumaden: Undying Moon is a side-scrolling action game coming from Konami. It looks beautiful and action-packed – though it’s not out until 2022.
- Next up, Mexican studio Lienzo revealed its next game: Aztech: Forgotten Gods. It’s a 3D action game that draws on Aztec history and mythology, juxtaposed with futuristic technology. It looks cool, and it’s coming to Switch in autumn.
- Skul: The Hero Slayer is a pixel art platforming Rogue-like starring a rather badass skeleton as its protagonist. Expect tense combat, fast-paced adventure and some epic boss fights. It’s coming this summer.
- Oxenfree II: Lost Signals was announced with a short teaser trailer, coming at some point in 2021.
- The showcase wrapped up with a montage of several more games making their way to Switch soon: Art of Rally, KeWe, Labyrinth City, Weaving Tides, The House of the Dead: Remake, Ender Lilies, Beasts of Maravilla Island, and Fez.
You can see the whole presentation in the video below: