Microsoft has revealed the games that are coming to Xbox Game Pass this April.
Are they worth having? They’re not all to our taste but we figure we’ll be dabbling in at least half of them. The titles are as follows:
- Grand Theft Auto V (Cloud and Console) – April 8th
- Zombie Army 4: Dead War (Cloud, Console, and PC) – April 8th
- Disneyland Adventures (Cloud) – April 8th
- NHL 21 (Console) EA Play – April 12th
- Rain on Your Parade (Cloud, Console, and PC) April 15th
- Pathway (PC) – April 15th
- MLB The Show 21 (Cloud and Console) – April 20th
There are a good few titles in there, and we’re looking forward to getting our hands on cloud-em-up Rain on Your Parade which arrives on Game Pass the same day it’s released. However, what’s really caught our attention, and has been the cause of fuss since it was first announced, is the presence of The Show ’21.
The what now? If you’re not a baseball fan that won’t mean a lot to you, but The Show games, sometimes known as MLB: The Show have been Playstation exclusives since their conception. Forbes has a good summary of the situation, but the jist is that Major League Baseball insisted the new title had to be multiplatform. Microsoft then, apparently, went directly to MLB and worked out a deal to get it on Game Pass Day on the day of release.
So, not only is a former Playstation exclusive now on Xbox, Playstation owners will have to pay to get their hands on it (it’s not on Playstation Plus or Playstation Now) but Xbox owners get it for free. Ouch.
So, if you’re an Xbox Game Pass or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber, you should have a busy April.