Summer Game Fest is back again, with yet more game announcements and quick looks at games we’ve got to look forward to in the near future.
Starting Summer Game Fest is the Kickoff Live! show, which took place at 7:00pm BST on 11th June. Hosted by Geoff Keighley, it’s been nearly two hours of new trailers, world premieres and updates on current and upcoming games.
If you missed it, here’s everything that was shown off and/or announced. Click on the links to go through to our news articles, providing more information about each title.
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands announced. It’s a high fantasy take on the looter shooter and it’s coming early 2022. It features Andy Samberg, Will Arnett, and… Butt Stallion. Developed by Gearbox & published by 2K. It’s not a Borderlands game – it will have its own mechanics and features.
- Metal Slug is coming back as a tactical RPG. Metal Slug Tactics features a 2D pixel art style as well as familiar characters and enemies.
- Hideo Kojima has a new game on the way. Death Stranding: Directors Cut is coming soon to PS5.
- Jeff Goldblum announced Jurassic World Evolution 2. It’s coming later this year to Steam, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and Epic Games Store.
- Sable launches September 23rd.
- Lost Ark, a massive free-to-play MMO, is finally going be available in the west. It’s coming fall 2021.
- Call of Duty Season Four begins 17th June. It will feature new weapons, maps and operators. There’s more zombie content too.
- Among Us is getting new content including a new map and more achievements.
- Chicory launches today on PS4 and PS5.
- Salt & Sacrifice announced. From the makers of Salt & Sanctuary, it will task you with hunting down mages on your own or in co-op. It’s coming to PS4 and PS5 next year.
- We got another look at Solar Ash, coming to PS4 and PS5 later this year.
- A launch trailer was shown for Chivalry II, available right now on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC. Check out our review.
- A new Escape from Tarkov trailer was shown.
- Two Point Campus has been officially revealed. Manage your own educational establishment, with plenty of humour along the way. Coming to PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC in 2022.
- Stranger Things is getting a Smite crossover. It features a new map and more.
- Koch has a new publishing label, Prime Matter. Many new games announced, including a new Painkiller game.
- The Anacrusis announced for Xbox and PC. It’s coming to Game Pass on day one.
- Psyonix is bringing Fast & Furious cars to Rocket League on 17th June.
- Blood Hunt is a competitive multiplayer game set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe. It’s coming this year. Sign up now for the closed alpha.
- The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes got a new trailer, revealing its grotesque monster. It launches October 22nd. Read our preview here.
- A new trailer for Tales of Arise was shown. Release date is set for 10th September.
- Sky is coming to Switch on June 29th. It’s from the developers of Journey.
- Planet of Lana announced. It’s coming to PC and Xbox in 2022. Fans of games such as Ori & the Blind Forest will want to check this out.
- Overwatch 2 skins were shown off.
- Dungeons & Dragon: Dark Alliance gameplay shown. It launches straight into Game Pass later this month. 22nd June, in fact.
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 story trailer shown. It launches exclusively on Switch on 9th July.
- Weezer performed their new song, Tell Me What You Want, featured in Wave Break.
- We got an extended look at Amplitude’s Endless Dungeon.
- Nier Automata 2B skin coming to Fall Guys.
- A new studio, Deviation Games, revealed. Making a new IP with an experienced team. Partnered with PlayStation.
- A new Back 4 Blood boss teased. There’s going to be an open beta this summer.
- ID@Xbox is doing another demo event. You’ll be able to try games such as Tunic absolutely free.
- Tribes of Midgard launches on PS4, PS5 and PC on 27th July.
- We got an extended look at Evil Dead: The Game gameplay. Team up as Evil Dead heroes and fight deadites. Though you can also play as Kandarian demon and Evil Ash! Features familiar locations and challenges you to track down notes and artefacts to send demons back from where they came. It launches this year on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC.
- New Elden Ring trailer! It looks very much like a FromSoftware game. Biggest addition seems to be that you can ride a horse, though it looks more open, too. It launches 21st January, 2022 on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC.
You can watch the full stream on the video below: