Here are the new games that will be available through Xbox Games with Gold and Xbox Game Pass this month.
Like Playstation Plus and Playstation Now, Games With Gold and Game Pass sound a little similar. But, like Sony’s services, one grants you online play with a few free games while the other doesn’t let you play online but does give you access to a large bank of games.
So if you have Games with Gold you can play multiplayer games online and grab a few free games a month, whereas if you’re a Game Pass subscriber, you can get games from the large library of Game Pass games.
However, unlike Sony’s services, Microsoft doesn’t just make these titles available as soon as the month begins. They stagger their release over the month. Why? We’re not entirely sure, but we suspect it’s to increase your engagement with the service. Regardless, here’s what’s arriving on Xbox Games with Gold and Xbox Game Pass this month and when they’re arriving.
Xbox Games With Gold
- The King’s Bird (Xbox One) – available now until June 30th.
- Shadows Awakening (Xbox One) – available June 16th until July 15th.
- NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (Xbox 360) – available now until June 15th.
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360) – available June 16th until June 30th.
We haven’t played The King’s Bird, but we did review Shadows Awakening and discovered it was “a decent RPG with some new ideas”, but the boring story and characters turned us off it. However, our pick has to be Injustice: Gods Among Us, a DC Comics brawler from the team behind Mortal Kombat. Yes, you can run people over with the Batmobile, but it’s just so much fun, whether you’re messing around or trying to master one single character.
Xbox Game Pass
Meanwhile, Xbox Game Pass has the following titles joining the service:
- The Wild at Heart (available now) – Cloud
- For Honor (available June 3rd) – Cloud and console
- Backbone (available June 8th) – PC
- Darkest Dungeon (available June 10th) – Cloud, PC and console
Darkest Dungeon stands out immediately as a game to play. When we reviewed it we called it “One of the games of the year”. Since its release it’s built up quite the following to the point that there’s even a board game in the works.
There are also a few pieces of DLC arriving through Xbox Game Pass, including some for Black Desert; you can find the details here. However, several games are leaving Xbox Game Pass as well. Here’s what’s leaving:
- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Console)
- Night Call (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- West of Dead (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Wizard of Legend (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Observation (Cloud, Console, and PC)
If you’ve never played Observation, grab it before it’s gone. Why? Well, we’ll let you discover that for yourself. So there’s plenty to keep you busy there. Enjoy!