Wondering how to redeem a game or DLC code on Nintendo Switch? Don’t worry – here’s everything you need to know.
Sometimes, you’ll get a free download code with a game you’ve purchased. Or maybe the game you’ve purchased is a download code. Thankfully, redeeming and downloading a code on Nintendo Switch is easy. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open the ‘Nintendo eShop’ from your Switch’s home screen. That’s the yellow shopping bag icon.
- Choose the user you want to open the shop and redeem the code as (if you have more than one user on your Switch, that is).
- On the left-hand menu, scroll down to ‘Redeem Code’ and press ‘A’ to select it.
- Enter the code exactly how it appears and then press ‘A’ to confirm. You can either use the touchscreen keyboard or use your controls to navigate to each letter.
- Once you’ve inputted the code, you’ll be given another screen showing you what the code is for. You’ll then be able to confirm redemption and set the code downloading.
That’s it – redeeming a code on Nintendo Switch is as easy as that. The types of codes you’ll need to redeem on Switch are DLC codes, Nintendo Switch Online membership codes, eShop prepaid credit, and purchased game codes. All of these are redeemed in the same way via the menu in the eShop.