Announced earlier this month, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition already has a release date.
And it’s not so far away: the collection is due to land on 11th November, just three weeks from now. It’ll be available digitally on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch and PC via the Rockstar Games Launcher. A physical release for PS4, Xbox and Switch will follow a little later, on 7th December.
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition packs in Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas into one bundle. These are the games you know and love, but with a suite of enhancements to bring them into the modern day.
According to Rockstar Games’ official website, players can expect:
- New Grand Theft Auto 5-inspired controls, including improvements to targeting and lock-on aiming and an updated weapon and radio station wheel
- Updated mini-maps with enhanced navigation
- Higher resolution textures across buildings, weapons, roads and interiors
- A completely rebuilt lighting system
- Improved shadows, weather and reflections
- Upgraded character and vehicle models
- Environmental updates including new foliage and smoother surfaces
- Increased draw distances
- Updated achievements and trophies
On top of those, players on Switch will benefit from Switch-specific controls, including gyro aiming and touch screen camera zooming and menu selection. On PC, you’ll benefit from Nvidia DLSS support along with new Accomplishments in Rockstar Games Social Club.
You can see some of the visual enhancements in action in Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition‘s new trailer, below: