DEALS. DID YOU SEE THIS DEAL? WHAT ABOUT THAT DEAL? DEALS DEALS DEALS. DEALS COMING OUT OF MY EARS.
That’s pretty much how I feel after the last week. Black Friday isn’t even a ‘thing’ here in the UK; at least it never used to be. But the American commercialism wagon raised its anchor and made its way to our small island some years back. And even though we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, we all know exactly what day it falls on: the day before Black Friday.
Except, Black Friday isn’t really one day anymore, is it? It’s a full week, or in some retailers’ cases, a full month. Black November, I’ve seen quite a few times. And it’s all a bit pointless, isn’t it? Because for the majority of “deals”, we’ve already seen it at that price or less at some other non-holiday time of the year. What I’m trying to say, dear readers, Black Friday is very much a con that we’re all suckered into.
And yes, I do buy into it, as I’ve been pumping out DEALS! posts all week for your eyes to engage with. And a huge thanks to Alex and Chris who have helped keep the consumerist wheels turning too. We don’t normally so much bother with Black Friday deals here, because we’re a small team – we don’t have the bandwidth to churn out at anywhere near the speed or volume as larger sites. But we’ve shown face, and so you’ll find a healthy smattering of – at least what we consider to be – some of the better deals that Black Friday has offered up to us. BUY THINGS BY CLICKING HERE!
So, if you’ve bought anything from one of our deals pages on Black Friday, thank you – because your support means a lot. And if you haven’t bought anything from Black Friday sales at all, then good on you – because you already live a life enriched enough to not be suckered in by deals. No, I don’t need yet another Xbox controller, but this one is 35% cheaper than it should be, therefore I should have it. And yes, I’ve already got 349 games I’m yet to play, but I’m going to buy 10 more because they’re discounted.
Oh, I did buy a discounted vacuum cleaner though, and I’ve had a whale of a time hoovering my stairs this afternoon. LOOK HOW CLEAN THEY ARE! THE OLD ONE NEVER PICKED UP DUST LIKE THIS!
It’s great being an adult.
Here are the big news stories from this week:
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Has Received its First Major Patch
- Hitman 3 is Getting a Second Year of Content With New Maps, PCVR and More
- Take a Trip Through Your Xbox History With the Xbox Museum
- Twelve Minutes is Bringing its Time-Looping Trials to PlayStation and Switch
- Psychological Thriller Martha is Dead Has a Release Date
- Life is Strange: True Colours is Arriving on Nintendo Switch Next Month
- Fortnite’s Chapter 2 Finale “The End” Takes Place Next Week
The last two weeks’ reviews (’cause I missed last week. Sorry.):
- Beyond Blue Review, 8/10
- Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One, 8/10
- Treasures of the Aegean, 6/10
- Epic Chef, 7/10
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition, 8/10
- A Short Hike, 8/10
- The Last Stand: Aftermath, 7/10
- Shin Megami Tensei V, 9/10
- My Friend Peppa Pig, 8/10
- Let’s Sing 2022, 7/10
- Grow: Song of the Evertree, 8/10
- Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-Shot Adventure, 8/10
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, 8/10