You can now pre-order Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection, including a $149.99 Limited Edition that’s laden with nostalgia-heavy content.
The collection as a whole is pretty heavy on nostalgia, since it contains thirteen old-school TMNT games. But the Limited Edition, currently available for pre-order through US chain Target (though we’d expect it to become available in Europe) dials things up to eleven.
The Limited Edition (coming to consoles but not PC), will, according to Konami, contain the following physical extras:
- Physical copy of the game with original box design by Kevin Eastman
- Cloth poster featuring Kevin Eastman’s adaptation of TMNT: Turtles in Time (16” by 24”)
- Multi-layer acrylic diorama of Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo (4.5” by 5”)
- Enamel pin set of five classic designs – The Technodrome, Turtle Blimp, Party Wagon, Shredder and Krang
- Set of 12 translucent comic style character trading cards based on TMNT: Tournament Fighters with rarely seen appearances from Wingnut, Armaggon, Chrome Dome, War, Aska, Karai and more (3” by 5”)
- Full color artbook with 180 pages featuring a chapter dedicated to each of the 13 games in the compilation (5.5” by 8”)
These extras do sound pretty cool, though whether they’re worth $149.99 is entirely up to you. You can also pre-order the regular edition of TMNT: The Cowabunga Collection through Amazon and other stores.
So that means the collection has a release date, right? Er, no. Despite the game being available for pre-order, there’s no sign as to when it’ll see the light of day. Amazon have it listed as 31st Dec 2022 but that’s most likely a placeholder date.
We’d expect it to arrive this year, but there’s no news as yet. We’ll keep you posted when we hear more but, unless you can’t live without that Limited Edition, you might want to hold off pre-ordering a game with no actual release date.