Wondering how to redeem a code for a game or product while on Steam Deck? Here’s what you need to know.
If you’re lucky enough to have a Steam Deck, you’ll know what a pleasant experience it is to use. The user interface will be familiar to regular Steam users, but there are key differences to suit the handheld experience. Menus and options aren’t always where you’d expect them to be, for example. One such option that’s more hidden on Steam Deck in comparison to the desktop app is how to redeem a product code. So: how do you do it?
To redeem a product code on Steam Deck, here’s what you need to do:
- Press the ‘Steam’ button to bring up the console’s main menu
- Scroll down to Settings and press A
- Scroll all the way down to ‘Library’ at the bottom
- In Library, choose the ‘Add to Library’ option
- Type in your code using the on-screen keyboard then press enter when you’re done
That’s it! Easy. Of course, you can also use Steam on your desktop to redeem a code then access the game or application back on Steam Deck. Your latest redeemed games will always show in the ‘Recent Games’ section of the home screen. From there, you can simply choose what you’d like to play and set it installing. You can also see all of your games by navigating to your Library.