Are you playing The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow and need to find elderflower for a poultice? Here’s how to get your hands on it.
If you’re scratching your head over elderflower, then you’ll have got the point in The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow where you have to make a poultice. You need two ingredients for this, and elderflower is one of them.
Elderflowers are small white flowers, which should make them fairly easy to spot, right? You might have already spotted some small white flowers on your travels so far, but forgotten where they were.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go north of Herne Wood, to the babbling beck.
- Look to to your left and you’ll see some white flowers, labelled elderflower by the cursor.
- Pick them up, and take them to Mother Mildred in her cottage.
Could it really be that easy? Unfortunately, it’s not. Mother Mildred tells you that the white flowers you picked are actually cowbane. Yes, the cursor lied to you. However, they’re close in appearance to elderflower for you to pull an Indiana Jones switch.
This is what you need to do next:
- Go back to where you dug up Jane’s doll and look at the hole in the middle of the mushroom circle. Pick up a worm.
- Go to the town square, and speak to the apple seller if you haven’t already done so. He’ll give you a rotten apple.
- Put the worm in the rotten apple.
- Talk on Jane who’s juggling apples.
- Use the apple-with-worm on her. She’ll throw it away, distracting the fruit and veg seller.
- While she’s distracted, use the cowbane on the white herbs on her cart.
- You’ll get the herbs, which are elderflower.
Now you can go back to Mother Mildred and give her them. And that’s how you get elderflower in The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow.