Are you stuck getting your equipment crate in The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow? Here’s how to reclaim what’s rightfully yours.
Thomasina Bateman might be an experienced barrow digger, but she’ll need her tools to explore Bewley’s barrow. The problem is that when that equipment arrives, without Thomasina’s assistant, it’ll be whisked away and locked in the Postmaster’s building. So how, then, do you get your equipment crate back in The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow?
Like a lot of adventure games, events happen in order. You can’t rescue the equipment crate until other events have taken place and you’ve solved other puzzles first.
In this case, before you can get your crate, you need to have met Jane and, after recovering her doll, have chased her down the hide and seek hole. Once that’s happened, you’re free to proceed with collecting your crate.
So, once you’re at this point, do the following:
- Go to the Plough and Furrow pub. Speak to the landlord, behind the bar, about getting a tab. You’ll need to give him the silver cross as a deposit. If you don’t have it, it will still be in the church hanging on a pew.
- Go and speak to Cyril, who’s standing outside his house. If you don’t know where he lives, head to the station and walk out back towards the town square. You’ll see him. Exhaust all other topics of conversation then click on “Plough and Furrow” to buy him a drink.
- Go to the Postmaster’s house, just up from the main square. If you’ve not already looked through the window to see your crate’s in there, do so now.
- Speak to Henry Long, the man who lives next door, exhausting all other topics of conversation and, again, click on “Plough and Furrow”.
- Now, with Cyril already at the pub, the pair will get into an argument. Go back to the Postmaster’s warehouse.
- Use the hairpin you got from Jane’s doll to unlock the door. Thomasina will shove the crate into the alley behind the pub.
And that’s how you get your equipment crate back in The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow.