There’s over a dozen potion ingredients you’ll need to have a good stock of in Hogwarts Legacy. Here, we’ll tell you where you can find them all.
To truly master combat in Hogwarts Legacy, you’re probably going to want to make use of potions. Some of these potions can give you extra abilities. Others just give you the edge in battle. Either way, having a good stock in your inventory can only be a good thing. However: to have potions, you’re going to need potion ingredients, and that means finding them around the wider world of Hogwarts Legacy.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of all potion ingredients and where you can find them. There’s a good chance you’ll come across most of them as you go about your journey, and so we recommend always taking the time to stop and pick up anything you pass. Your gear inventory may be limited, but you can carry far more ingredients.
Hogwarts Legacy: All Ingredients
- Ashwinder eggs – You’ll find these in some wrecked dwellings and also rocky areas of the map
- Dittany – You’ll find Dittany seeds in The Magic Neep in Hogsmeade. You’ll need to grow them in the Greenhouse classroom or the Room of Requirement.
- Dugbog Tongue – You’ll get these by defeating dugbogs. These are water-based amphibian-type creatures that you’ll find in boggy areas of the map.
- Fluxweed – You can purchase Fluxweed seeds from The Magic Neep in Hogsmeade.
- Leaping Toadstool Caps – These are plenty of these in the immediate areas outside of Hogwarts. They typically grow in forest areas.
- Lacewing flies – Found in open fields. They’ll always be around a bush, so look out for a slightly glowing bush.
- Knotgrass – You can purchase Knotgrass seeds from The Magic Neep.
- Horklump juice – A Horklump is actually a creature, but these look like small mushrooms. Horklumps are typically found underground, so check caves and mines.
- Leech juice – Taken from leeches, which you’ll find near waterfronts.
- Mallowsweet – You can purchase Mallowsweet seeds from The Magic Neep.
- Moonstone – Look out for blue, glowing crystals in every region, most typically on cliff sides or along paths. You can’t collect it by interacting with it: you’ll need to fire at it with your wand to break it up.
- Shrivelfig – You can buy seeds from The Magic Neep.
- Mongrel fur – You’ll need to defeat mongrels in battle, then collect the fur they’ve dropped. These are most typically in forest areas, though you’ll find them all over the map.
- Troll bogeys – You’ll need to defeat trolls to take their bogeys. Trolls are everywhere, although you’ll likely find more of them near to goblin mines.
- Stench of the dead – You’ll pick this up by defeating Inferi. You’ll find these in the Forbidden Forest.
- Spider fang – Dropped when you’ve defeated spiders. You’ll find plenty of spiders in the woodlands around Hogwarts.