Deceive Inc can be daunting when you know several other players are out to rob the vault before you. So here are some tips to help you get started.
Before we dive into these Deceive Inc tips, however, we’d absolutely recommend you play the tutorial. It covers the basics of disguising yourself, as well as how different disguise levels work. You’ll also learn what your general objectives are.
Then, once you’ve done that, spend a good ten minutes or so just messing around with the training level. Some of the gadgets you can mess with in training are locked in the main game but it’ll still help you get to grips with things.
So, when you’re ready to play, take a look at these tips and get ready to rob each level blind.
- Remember to act like an non-player character, and watch the NPCs around you. So if everyone’s just walking around, do the same. If people are fleeing and freaking out, and you’re playing a general NPC, do the same.
- Watch out for anyone running or jumping. NPCs don’t jump and will only usually run in an emergency. If you see someone bolt across the level it’s not a guarantee they’re a fellow agent but it’s a good sign.
- Hold your fire. It’s tempting to just shoot at someone who you think is an agent but you risk bringing half the level down on you. Best case scenario, you break your holo-cover. Worst case scenario, all the other players end up joining and the whole match goes down the toilet.
- Pay attention to the colour of the door symbols. So if a door has a blue symbol/pad on it, you’ll need a blue (security) costume to get in. We’ve blundered in once or twice without looking and it didn’t end well.
- You can copy a disguise off a dead body. So if you stumble across a blue security guard, dead, you might as copy their disguise with your holo disguise.
- Remember to interact with objects. A good way to avert suspicion is to sit down in a chair – a glowing shadow will reveal with items you can interact with.
- As soon as you unlock the skill, start disguising yourself as objects.
- Make good use of the remote hacking device. Wandering up to a device may raise suspicion but with this you can hack away and no-one will be any the wiser.
- Finally, if someone does kill you, don’t just quit. Stay as an observer. This will help you figure out the lay of the level and you may also pick up some useful tips by watching other spies at work.
And those tips should get you started in Deceive Inc.