Starship Troopers: Extermination receives its latest update patch, 0.31, today.
If you’ve yet to tackle it, Starship Troopers: Extermination is a co-op FPS which sees you taking on the titular insect menaces, which feature both in the movie and the book it was based on. It’s currently in Steam Early Access so there are bound to be a few bugs for update patch 0.31 to address.
The game has been fairly well received on Steam though 50% of the “reviews” are just gags, so make of that what you will. We’re resisting the urge to make this article wall-to-wall bug jokes.
This new patch actually dials down the difficulty in some respects. The movie’s arachnids make the Aliens look lazy, overwhelming enemies in massive waves. The game has followed suit, so survival is far from guaranteed.
You can find the full Starship Troopers: Extermination 0.31 update patch notes here, but these are some of the more notable changes and fixes.
- Ambush mode (an in-game modifier) is easier.
- The Grenade Field Test Mutator used to spawn in players with no grenades! That’s been fixed.
- Likewise, the Armory Incident Mutator would spawn in players with no equipment. That sounds hilarious but maybe not so much if you’re on the front line.
- Veteran difficulty has been tweaked. The bugs are now slightly easier to kill.
- Easy difficulty has also been tweaked so that bugs do less damage.
Update 0.30 introduced a new map, though the full game is while off release. We’ve got our fingers crossed for a solo mode, complete with bots.