Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon has a new 1.02 update patch and, as revealed by the patch notes, there’s a little rebalancing going on. There are plenty of bug fixes too but if you’re blasting around in a big robot, it’s handy to know what developer From Software has changed.
The weapons have mostly improved, which is good news if you’re tackling the game’s single player mode. In multiplayer, you’ll be on the receiving end of these buffed weapons.
For example, the RF-025 SCUDDER assault rifle does more damage and it has a decreased reload time. The same is true of the DF-MG-02 CHANG-CHEN, which also has had its total rounds boosted.
These Armored Core 6 1.02 patch notes also state that the patch has “Adjusted certain attacks performed by the enemy units AAP07: BALTEUS, IA-13: SEA SPIDER and IB-01: CEL240.” We’ve yet to dive back into the game but we’re assuming the Balteus boss fight is now a little easier.
Why is that important? Because Balteus is pretty damn difficult and it’s the first boss in the game. On the whole, we loved the game, but some of the boss fights can be frustrating.
As for the bugs this patch fixes, there was one bug that forced the game into offline mode, that’s now been fixed. Did you find the boss in the “Destroy the Weaponized Mining Ship” mission hard? It might not just be you. A bug was preventing certain weapons from doing damage, and that’s now fixed.
As to what else the patch does? You can find the full Armored Core 6 1.02 update patch notes below. From Software has advised that your game should be set to online mode to get the full update.
“Major Items Included in the Latest Update
- Weapon Unit balance adjustments:
- MA-J-200 RANSETSU-RF: Increased attack power/rate of fire, decreased reload time.
- LR-036 CURTIS: Increased attack power, decreased reload time.
- RF-024 TURNER: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
- RF-025 SCUDDER: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
- MA-J-201 RANSETSU-AR: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
- MG-014 LUDLOW: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased recoil and reload time.
- DF-MG-02 CHANG-CHEN: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
- MA-E-210 ETSUJIN: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
- Adjusted certain attacks performed by the enemy units AAP07: BALTEUS, IA-13: SEA SPIDER and IB-01: CEL240.
- Fixed a bug that prevented certain weapons from dealing damage to the boss of the mission “Destroy the Weaponized Mining Ship”.
- Fixed a bug that caused the boss of the mission “Prevent Corporate Salvage of New Tech” to be unable to detect the player.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain enemies to not be displayed correctly during the mission “Survey the Uninhabited Floating City”.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain enemies and background objects to be displayed incorrectly during the mission “Attack the Old Spaceport”.
- Fixed a bug that caused vertical missiles and certain coral weapons to deal unintended amounts of damage.
- Improved camera controls when spectating online arena battles.
- Fixed a bug that caused the punch animation to not be displayed correctly on the opponent’s screen during online arena battles.
- Other bug fixes.
- [Xbox One / Xbox Series X|S / Steam] Fixed a bug that caused the game to enter offline mode and unable to save progress after the device recovers from sleep mode.
- [Steam] Fixed the text displayed onscreen after selecting “Quit Game” from the System Menu on the title screen.
- [Steam] Fixed a bug causing certain bosses to be rendered incorrectly.
The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the Title Screen will be as follows:
- App Ver. 22
- Regulation Ver. 1.02.1*
Online play requires the player to apply this update.
We will continue to provide improvement updates in the future to allow players to further enjoy ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON. Please stay tuned for more news by following our social channels.”