There’s a lot of new things coming to Dead by Daylight this month.
It may feel like The Legion just came out, but already Dead by Daylight players are getting a new killer, survivor and map. Almost all of the juicy details have been revealed about the upcoming Dead by Daylight chapter so I’ve put together an easy list outlining the killer’s ability and perks.
The newest killer, The Plague, also known by her birth name Adiris, is the youngest in a family of seven. She was left on the burning steps of Temple of Purgation at the centre of Babylon. Despite her grief, Adiris always felt that the Gods had a plan for her. She spent much her of life in quiet servitude tending to the gardens of local priests, preparing ceremonial meals and polishing ceremonial incense burners.
When she came of age she began work aiding the priests during their purification rituals. These cleansings were in high demand due to the plague that surfaced outside of the high temple walls where they lived. When the priests themselves attracted the plague Adiris herself was the only one left to perform them.
Before Adiris’ first ceremony she visited the priest’s sanctuary chamber where followers bowed down to her as she entered. Inside was a golden statue of a woman with an outstretched hand, fingers covered in jewels. As Adiris began to recite the Epic of Creation, sure that the statue was a sign, and a woman in the temple collapsed. Adiris rushed to her and, noticing that the woman was sick, severed her own toe as an offering to the gods to protect the woman. Many of the followers revered Adiris as their new priestess.
When she first showed signs of infection she knew her faith was being tried. Ashamed of her condition, Adiris began to wear a veiled headpiece and carried a censer that masked the smell of her rancid skin. She continued to perform her rituals hoping she would be saved. Eventually, Adiris banished herself from the city with only a few of her followers. They camped in a cave where Adiris lay in a pool of vomit, her foot where she had cut her toe, had turned black and swollen. She could not continue. All of her followers were infected with the plague as well.
Neither the body of Adiris or her followers were ever found.
The Plague’s Power
The Plague’s main ability in Dead by Daylight is called Vile Purge. When used, the Vile Purge unleashes a stream of infectious bile. A survivor who has been hit by the stream becomes infected. The infection accumulates when the survivor runs or performs actions and environmental objects can become infected for a short duration as well.
If the survivor’s infection indicator is full, they are forced to vomit continuing to do so at random intervals. They also become injured if they aren’t already and gain the Broken Status Effect (that survivor cannot be healed). They will also pass the infection to other survivors or environmental objects they interact with.
Infected survivors can remove all infection by interacting with a Pool of Devotion. This blocks it from further use by other survivors. If the survivor is injured, they become healthy. If all Pools of Devotion are corrupted at the same time, all Pools of Devotion will revert back to the clean state.
The Plague may consume the corruption at a Pool of Devotion previously used by a Survivor. This removes the corruption from the pool and transforms Vile Purge into Corrupt Purge. Corrupt Purge instantly damages any survivors hit by the stream but does not apply infection. This effect lasts for only a short duration.
The Plague’s Perks
Corrupt Intervention (Teachable at Level 30)
- Your prayers invoke a dark power that meddles with the Survivors’ chance of survival.
- Three generators located farthest from you are blocked by The Entity for 80/100/120 seconds at the start of the Trial.
- Survivors cannot repair the Generators from the duration Corrupt Intervention is active.
Infectious Fright (Teachable at Level 35)
- The cries of the unfaithful make your heart leap.
- Any survivors that are within the Killer’s Terror Radius while another survivor is put into the dying state with your basic attack, will yell and reveal their current location to the Killer for 4/5/6 seconds.
Dark Devotion (Teachable at Level 40)
- The display of your Powers creates a whirlwind of panic that spreads throughout the land.
- You become obsessed with one survivor. Hitting the Obsession with your basic attack causes the Obsession to emit a Terror Radius of 32 metres for 20 seconds. During that time, your Terror Radius is reduced to zero metres.
- The effect can only be triggered once every 60/45/30 seconds. The Obsession hears the Terror Radius they emit for the duration.
We can’t wait to give The Plague a try. Her release date has yet to be announced but if you want to take a stab at her right away, she’s currently available on Dead by Daylight’s PTB on PC.