A new update has just gone live on PUBG: Battlegrounds’ test server. PUBG Update 25.1 adds a new weapon, Aston Martin vehicle skins, new areas and more.
Still playing PUBG? You might be excited to know, then, that a new update is on the way. PUBG Update 25.1 is live now on the test server, and will be releasing on PC on 9th August. Console players have to wait a little longer – 17th August – but hopefully some of these changes are going to be worth the wait.
After all, who doesn’t want to be driving an Aston Martin around Miramar? And who doesn’t want to get lost and die in a Sand Storm? Well, most of us, honestly. But there are some major changes coming to the game, which should hopefully offer a refreshed and exciting experience for existing players.
You can read the full PUBG Battleground patch notes here, but we’ve highlighted the key changes below.
- Dragunov new weapon: This new marksman rifle has a single fire mode, doing up to 73 damage per shot. There’s an effective range of 500m, and it’s available in every map and mode – except Bluebomb Rush.
- Aston Martin vehicle skins: In what might be one of the most bizarre collaborations, players can drive around PUBG’s battlegrounds in style. An Aston Martin container is available in Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, Vikendi, Taego and Deston – but players will need to own the Aston Martin skin to open it.
- New area in Miramar – Partona: This is a circular village that’s alive with a bustling market plaza. It replaces Los Higos.
- Resort and Truck Stop: Two more new areas are coming to Miramar. The Resort is an abandoned retreat, and the Truck Stop replaces the previous Junkyard area.
- Sand Storm: Miramar’s Red Zone has been replaced by a Sandstorm, which gradually depletes the health of players inside it.
- Zipline: A brand new zipline allows players to navigate from one area to the next.
- Weather: New Hazy weather has been added, with sunset and clear weather both being enhanced.
- Fuel Pumps: There are now more fuel pumps across the map.
- New Team Deathmatch map: Boardwalk is a brand new map exclusive to Team Deathmatch. It features a fairground and promotes diverse combat opportunities.
- Team Suggest: The lobby now has a Team Suggest feature, which recommends online players from a pool of your friends.