Dragon Ball FighterZ is a great game, no doubt about that, but if you’re hoping to fight your friends in it you’ve got some work to do.
For some reason Arc System Works decided that simply letting you create a private lobby which you could then invite your friends into wasn’t a good idea, instead opting for a more convoluted and less user friendly way to set up private matches.
So, want to fight with your friends in Dragon Ball FighterZ? Here’s how:
1. Each player needs to go to the Gate Reception found in the bottom area of whichever lobby they’re in.
2. Every player then needs to find and join the same lobby.
3. Once everyone is in the same lobby, one player needs to create a Ring Match by pulling the right trigger.
4. The player creating the Ring Match needs to make the room private by setting a password.
5. Once the Ring Match is created, the other players can enter the ring and press A on Xbox One or X on PS4 to join it.
6. Each player needs to then enter the password in the Ring Match menu that appears before selecting ‘Join This Ring’.
7. Et voila! You now have a private room in which you can play with your friends.