If you’re like me, then you love tinkering in The Sims 4’s build mode.
There’s just something about creating an entire home from the ground up in The Sims that’s always been pleasing. Despite how robust the game’s build mode may be, however, there’s small things that I’ve always wanted to do.
One of them, funnily enough, is being able to move objects up and down freely. It may be a weird wish to want to make objects float, but it’d make it easy to fake a bunk bed for my younger Sims. After all, since new objects only come around when Maxis releases a content update or offer some fresh DLC, you try to make due where you can. Funnily enough, there’s a way to make just such a thing work!
Make Objects Float in The Sims 4
To make objects float, there's a simple keyboard press. When in build mode in The Sims 4:
- Hold down Ctrl and tap the '9' number key to raise an item off the ground
- Keep pressing 9 to make objects float higher.
- If you need to lower an item, press Ctrl and the '0' number key.
- Continually pressing '0' can make an object go even lower than the ground level.
So, that's it – making objects float in The Sims 4 is pretty simple. Go wild with your Sim's home!
More Sims 4
- How to Delete Basement Ceilings in Sims 4
- The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff Pack Adds a Welcome Layer to the Slice of Life
- The Sims 4 Review: Feed Your God Complex on Console
- Help, My Sims 4 Toddler Has Become a Whirling Tornado of Doom
- My Sims 4 Nanny Just Took Off All Her Clothes
- How to Have Twins in Sims 4